Awards: The winners of Tuttofood were announced among 300 competing products.
The winners of the Tuttofood contests dedicated to ecological sustainability, certified quality and innovation were awarded yesterday.
300 products presented by the exhibitors of the fair participated and were evaluated by technical juries. The final winners were announced by the buyers and journalists who visited the fair.
Attention to consumer requests, respect for tradition and the environment and ability to innovate and find new market niches: these are the values highlighted by Tuttofood Awards, which offered a display window of excellence to 300 participants, whose products were exhibited in containers along the Food Avenue, special routes along the pavilions of the fair.
The winners of the Certified Quality 2013 contest, the display window for the exhibitors and the collaboration of the Qualivita Foundation allowed to highlight the excellence of local agro-industrial products.
The aim was to promote and support the agro-industrial companies that invested in a certified production recognised by European regulations (PDO, PGI and BIO) and point out the concepts of traceability, control and safety of the production processes of certified products.
The buyers at TUTTOFOOD decreed the winners among 3 finalists chosen for every category from more than 150 contestants by the Qualivita Foundation.
The finalists and winners of the Certified Quality 2013 contest for each category were the following:
• Winner of meat and salumi: FRATELLI BERETTA SPA – PDO Parma Ham. Other finalists: – MADEO INDUSTRIA ALIMENTARE SRL – PDO Capicola from Calabria, PDO Sausage from Calabria, PDO Soppressata from Calabria – COMERCIAL LOGISTICA CALAMOCHA SA – PDO Bone-in Teruel Ham, Bone-in Iberico Ham Pata Negra (Salamanca), Sliced Serrano Ham and Sliced Chorizo 100g.
• Winner of dairy products: MARIO COSTA SPA – PDO Mild and Spicy Gorgonzola.
“Since 1919, our company has produced gorgonzola in order to combine tradition, quality and innovation while still respecting PDO regulations. Thanks to our IFS and BRC certifications, we can demonstrate a high level of production quality because of which we stand out – Federica Fileppo Zop of Mario Costa S.p.a explained to us. – Gorgonzola Costa Gran Riserva is the best product of our mild variety. It’s only produced from selected milk, its seasoning is a little longer than 75 days and it undergoes a visual inspection: only the best forms become Costa Gran Riserva”. Other finalists: – DELIZIA SPA – PDO Caciocavallo Silano – LA BARONIA SRL – PDO Campania Buffalo Mozzarella.
• Multiproduct – Winner of dried products: VINCENZO CAPUTO SRL – PGI Giffoni Hazelnuts. Other finalists: – RAVIOLIFICIO LO SCOIATTOLO SPA – BIO Whole Emmer Caserecce Pasta, BIO Whole Wheat Fettuccine, BIO Whole Wheat Ravioloni – PGI LA PILA SOC. AGR. COOP. – Vialone Nano Rice from Verona.
• Multiproduct – Winner of seasonings: OLEIFICIO RANIERI S.R.L. – PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Umbria, BIO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, BIO Extra Virgin Olive Oil with vitamins and Omega 3 – Baby food. Other finalists: OLIO ROI DI BOERI FRANCO – OLIO CRU – ACETIFICIO ANDREA MILANO – Organic Grape Vinegar, PGI Balsamic Vinegar from Modena.
• Multiproduct – Winner of preserves: LE TERRE DI ZOÈ-GERACE MARIA CATERINA – BIO Jams and Marmalades. Other finalists: – SOMMARIVA SRL – BIO Genoa’s Pesto – AZ. AGR. PRUNOTTO – BIO Yellow Pesto, BIO Tomato Sauce with Basil.
• Winner of confectionery: I DOLCI SAPORI DELL’ETNA – PDO Bronte Green Pistachio 100% Pure Paste. Other finalists: – LE DELIZIOSE PASTICCERIA: Organic Product Line “TI FA BENE” – ITALDOLCI – BIO Almond Dragees from Apulia.
• Winner of Ho.Re.Ca Food & Beverage: KAZZEN – Passito Di Pantelleria. Other finalists: – STRAMONDO – Only BIO Almonds – AZ. AGR. LE CRETE – DOCG Wines: Fiano Di Avellino, Greco Di Tufo and Aglianico and Taurasi.
• Winner of Frozen Food: ABRUZZO SRL – Organic Spinach and Chard.
The winners of the contest dedicated to the most innovative products and organised in collaboration with IPSOS are: BISCOTTIFICIO CRISTINO DI CRISTINO MARIA with its Yeast-free Bagels; POLAR SEAFOOD ITALIA, which introduced liquid salt; AZIENDA AGRICOLA VASTOLA FRANCESCO with its Mesca Francesca (a mix of legumes); PROSCIUTTIFICIO VALSERIO Srl with its Organic Pistachio Stuffed Pork Fillet; FATTORIE OSELLA S.p.a., which presented the Doppia Bontà Cheese; DANOOR Srl with its Date Preserve; ALOHA Srl with its Fantasie Di Gelato and BAVARIA ITALIA Srl with Bavaria Radler, which is new on the market.
“Our brand has always paid attention to innovation in order to face new markets and types of consumers. Bavaria Radler was launched as the summer drink of 2013: made of 50% beer and 50% lemonade, it has an alcohol content of 2% – Luca De Zen, managing director of Bavaria Italia stated. – We introduced a new product to reach not only new consumers, but also the Ho.Re.Ca. market, since nowadays we are present especially in markets and supermarkets”.
Finally, as for the contest dedicated to SUSTAINABLE packaging, in collaboration with CONAI and EXPO 2015, the proposals of 4 companies stood out: ARTURO SANCHEZ with a new re-sealable closure to preserve products; ITALDOLCI with kraft paper; AGRIFOOD ABRUZZO SRL with a lighter PET Dispenser and LETE S.p.a with lighter PET bottle recycling.
“Lighter packaging is only one of the many projects concerning corporate social responsibility – Gabriella Cuzzone, marketing manager of Lete S.p.a declared. – Lete commits itself to using 100% green energy and carbon footprint certification, which allows us to monitor the impact of each activity on the environment. In particular, thanks to constant research activities on packaging reduction, on which we’ve been working for 7 years, we were able to reduce plastic consumption by 23% in the biggest sizes (from 42 to 32 grams) and by 26% in half litre (from 23 to 17 grams)”.